Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sarah watches TV

I started watching Lost last week and I'm hooked! I knew I would be. That's the whole reason I stayed as far away from it as possible when it was on the air. Cut to me, several years later with Netflix and a lot of spare time... I'm on Season 4 and I'm pretty sure Jake and Trey are sick of it, but whatev.

I found a bar down the road from our apartment that has a Mad Men party on Sunday nights. Jake and I went for the premiere and drank Mai Tai's and Old Fashions. One of the things I really miss about college was the communal atmosphere. We would gather around on certain nights of the week in the dorms and watch tv together. Being in that bar with a couple hundred fans of the show made me feel a little more at home in a city where I don't know very many people.

I'm constantly trying to find a job here. I've had a few nibbles and one interview, but nothing has panned out. With Jake and Trey working I have a lot of free time to myself. And until I'm ready to venture out on my own here, I'll let tv be my companion.

When I finish Lost, I plan to start writing again. It's been far too long and I'm way out of practice. I'm hoping this blog will get me back in the habit.

xo
-Sarah in Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment